"Knowledge is power."
But that’s not all. Many other things are power too:
1. Action is power. Because most people TALK instead of DO. Which one do you do?
2. Awareness is power. Because it’s the first step toward mastery. What are you afraid to acknowledge the existence of?
3. Branding is power. Because if you don’t make a name for yourself, someone will make one for you. Who’s making a name for you?
4. Brevity is power. Because people are busy. Keeping it short enough?
5. Content is power. Because it delivers unique value and solidifies your expertise. Do your tweets leave the impression of value or vanity?
6. Creativity is power. Because every time you use it, it grows stronger. How many ideas did you have today?
7. Credibility is power. Because while it might take years to assemble; it only takes seconds to annihilate. What is your credibility strengthening process?
8. Decision is power. Because the only thing in the world you (actually) have control over are your choices. Are you living at full choice in your life right now?
9. Discipline is power. Because talent is overrated, whereas hard, long, smart work is all that really counts. What time did you get up today?
10. Expectation is power. Because it not only affects the future, it affects the past. How many affirmations did you recite today?
11. Experience is power. Because that’s where expertise truly comes from: Experience + Intelligent reflection upon those experiences + Actionable lessons extracted from those experiences. What new experience did you have today?
12. Fanship is power. Because customers are overrated, clients are useless and prospects are for amateurs – you need FANS. How many fans do you have?
13. Honesty is power. Because in out fear-based, low trust culture, honesty is so rare that it’s become remarkable. How many lies did you tell this week?
14. Humanity is power. Because in our robotic, impersonal culture, humanity is (also) so rare that it’s become remarkable. How are you fully integrating your humanity into your profession?
15. Immediacy is power. Because in our hyperspeed, A.D.D., instant gratification culture, people want it fast and they want it NOW. Do you return emails faster than your competitors?
16. Listening is power. Because contrary to popular conditioning, the listener controls the conversation. When was the last time somebody complimented your listening skills?
17. Name is power. Because Shakespeare was wrong – "what’s in a name" means EVERYTHING. What do people think when they see your name?
18. Networking is power. Because people buy people first, and it’s not who you know – it’s who knows you. How many friends did you make last week?
19. Permission is power. Because once people can come up to, feel relaxed around, open up with, comfortable walk away from and confidently return to you, everything changed. Who do you need to give permission to?
20. Platform is power. Because brands can’t exist without a diverse foundation of value-driven content, web presence, public visibility and thought leadership. How powerful is your platform?
21. Positioning is power. Because it’s not who you are, it’s what you’re known for knowing, what you’ve been recognized as being the first and best at, and ultimately what you’re perceived to be the heavyweight champion of. What makes you That Guy?
22. Vulnerability is power. Because it gives other people permission to feel the same, which creates a safe containers in which you can share your truth. How vulnerable are you willing to be?
23. Wisdom is power. Because knowledge is overrated – only wisdom (which comes from action) earns you the right to speak with authority. How much action have you taken this week?
24. Writing is power. Because writing is the basis of all wealth, AND, writing makes everything you do better and easier. What did you write today?
Knowledge isn't enough.
LET ME ASK YA THIS…
How powerful are you?
LET ME SUGGEST THIS...
For the list called, "7 Ways to Radically Raise Receptivity of Those You Serve," send an email to me, and I'll send you the list for free!
* * * *
That Guy with the Nametag
Author, Speaker, Coach, Entrepreneur
Never the same speech twice.
Always about approachability.
Watch The Nametag Guy in action here!
Thursday, July 09, 2009
"Knowledge is power."